Do you want to host a quarterly meeting?
GUIDELINES FOR HOSTING AN LIHS QUARTERLY MEETING
1. Establish the day's itinerary using as a guideline time frames from previous meetings; provide leadership for all aspects of the morning's activity.
2. Provide a site for guests to register. Arrange for light refreshments, provide a table for registration and have restrooms available. Registration should begin at 8:30am or later.
3. If the itinerary requires transportation of guests from one site to another, contact a transportation company. Anticipated costs for such service should be forwarded as soon as possible to the LIHS treasurer.
4. Honorariums for speakers will be paid by LIHS; notify the treasurer of such costs.
5. Locate a restaurant that can accommodate between 75-125 people. The LIHS president should be advised of the capacity. The price of the luncheon should include all gratuities and/or service charges if applicable and be as reasonable as possible. LIHS is tax exempt. A contact name and phone number at the restaurant should be provided immediately to the LIHS president and treasurer. A sound system and American flag should be available, as should LIHS a head table(s) which can seat ten people. A cash bar should be available. Obtain an all-inclusive contract of all restaurant charges and charges and forward to the LIHS treasurer.
6. Provide any and all materials needed for attendee's convenience.
7. Please inform LIHS of any aspect of your program which is NOT handicapped accessible.
8. All information, including the itinerary, restaurant information and menu selections, as well as any anticipated costs, should be forwarded to the LIHS president for the information of the executive committee at least 60 days prior to the event.
9. Please review your liability insurance policy to be sure that you are adequately covered for all aspects of the quarterly meeting you are hosting.
1. LIHS will advise member organizations and individuals on its mailing list of the complete itinerary and luncheon information.
2. Through its secretary, LIHS will receive all checks for individuals attending the event, provide name tags and oversee registration as well as notify the restaurant of the number to be at the luncheon.
3. LIHS will assume responsibility for paying costs related to transportation and honorariums and provide tax exempt forms as needed.
4. The LIHS president will preside over the luncheon meeting.
Pertinent Notes and Names
1. Questions regarding the day should be addressed to the LIHS president or secretary and will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
2. It is imperative that information regarding the event be received as designated 60 days for executive board's information and dissemination in the newsletter.
3. Quarterly meetings are traditionally held on the last Saturday of the month.
4. Luncheon costs are paid by LIHS from the monies received from registrants.